Letters of Inquiry
Applicants wishing to apply for grants should first submit a Letter of Inquiry briefly describing their project.
The Letter of Inquiry provides the necessary information that will allow the SSJHWF staff to review your proposed project and decide if you should submit a formal grant proposal. Your Letter of Inquiry will receive full consideration and a prompt response indicating whether or not you should proceed with a formal grant application. Letters of Inquiry received well in advance of the posted deadline will provide ample time for the SSJHWF staff to communicate with you about your project and provide a timely response to your request.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WRITING THE LETTER OF INQUIRY
This letter should be:
- one to three pages long, double-spaced, and written in 12-point font
- written on the applicant organization’s letterhead
- structured according to the headings listed below
- Organization’s full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Contact name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Brief description of the organization’s purpose and mission.
- Organization’s tax-exempt status (submit a copy of the IRS document verifying 501 © (3) status with the Letter of Inquiry).
- Brief summary of the organization’s accomplishments and ability to address the identified needs for which the proposed project will be implemented.
- Organization’s record of previous submissions of letters of inquiry and/or grant proposals to the SSJHWF in the past. Indicate exact dates.
- List the problem or needs you hope to address with your project.
- Describe the population you hope to target with your project.
- List desired goals and outcomes for the project.
- Project a time line for achieving your goals and outcomes.
- Provide any supporting facts and data that verify the importance of implementing your project.
Explain how your proposed project is compatible with the SSJHWF’s mission, vision and current focus areas for funding:
- WV School-Based Health Initiative Projects
- Child Advocacy Center & Partners in Community Outreach Projects
REQUESTED GRANT FUNDS
- Total cost of your project
- Projected amount you will be requesting from the SSJHWF
- Other funders for your project – include in-kind contributions and any other community support for your project.
Mail your Letter of Inquiry to:
Janice Landwehr, CSJ
SSJ Health and Wellness Foundation
137 Mt. St. Joseph Road
Wheeling, WV 26003